Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Portmagee

 We arrived in Portmagee mid-afternoon, and were immediately taken by how beautiful it was. A very small seaside town, probably now most well known for hosting Star Wars cast and crew, as they filmed on location using Skellig Michael (island) as Luke Skywalker’s Island Sanctuary






The islands are home to many species of birds who come to nest there. Sadly for us, it’s the wrong time of year for Puffins, but the islands had been taken over by thousands of Gannets (and a handful of seals!)




It was very foggy out at the islands, and difficult to photograph anything. Once we got back to shore, we headed off to Limerick. I would have to say, my least favourite place so far. I just didn’t like the vibe of it. The least friendly people also. 



We left Limerick the next morning, headed to Dublin airport and our flight to Glasgow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscars 2024

I wont get to see them in real time, because it’s a work day here, but I thought I’d put my two cents in for who I would like to win some of...