Friday, September 8, 2023

Dublin, Cliffs of Moher, and Galway

 We arrived in Dublin by train on Tuesday, dumped our luggage at the hotel, then set off for a wander. First stop was the famous Temple Bar area, known as the cultural district of Dublin. 


The Ha’Penny Bridge, so named because the original installer used to charge a halfpenny to walk across it

Daniel O’Connor Monument

Temple Bar District



We wandered around some more, before stopping at the Bull and Castle Steakhouse for lunch

Wellington Monument in Phoenix Park

Dublinia Viking Museum 

The grounds of Christ Church Cathedral



Statue of Molly Malone


(We may have cheated after 3 hours of walking and gotten on the HoHo bus 😂)

The next day, we were off on our tour to the Cliffs of Moher. It’s a stunning area, usually home to many nesting birds, but unfortunately not at this time of year






There were spectacular views on the drive there, and on the drive from there to Galway. The beauty is astounding 




We got into Galway mid-afternoon, and headed to O’Connell’s bar, which is where Ed Sheeran filmed the video clip for his song Galway Girl




After a quick drink, we headed down into ye olde shopping area, which is so cute! 




It’s unseasonably warm in Ireland at the moment, which is made worse because there is no air conditioning anywhere (except our tour bus). Even hotels don’t have air con, so they’ve been providing fans. I really packed for colder weather than this, but on the plus side, the days have been perfect for sightseeing!










1 comment:

Oscars 2024

I wont get to see them in real time, because it’s a work day here, but I thought I’d put my two cents in for who I would like to win some of...