Tuesday, September 19, 2023

England Road Trip Days 3, 4, and 5

We drove down towards Cardiff after leaving Knutsford, but torrential rain, and a closed highway which resulted in the worst traffic I have ever been in put a Spanner in those works. In the end we headed further south to our accommodation in Clovelly. Apparently one of the most beautiful places in England, but we couldn’t see any of it due to the rain. We finally got to Tintagel Castle, and I braved the rain to get a glimpse 

Merlin’s Cave

Tintagel Castle


Tintagel Castle

The plan had been to go on to Glastonbury, but the roads were too dangerous with all the rain, so we went straight to our accommodation, and decided to stay an extra night so we could try to get to Glastonbury today (it has been a long time bucket list destination for me, as was Tintagel, because King Arthur was real, yo). 

Today ended up being a good day, beginning with a sunrise special access trip to Stonehenge








It was awesome being there at that time, with only a handful of other people, and I’m really glad that we did it that way. We left there and headed to Glastonbury. Still a bit rainy but nothing like it has been. We visited Glastonbury Abbey, which was very cool!







Glastonbury Tor


Tomorrow we head to London



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oscars 2024

I wont get to see them in real time, because it’s a work day here, but I thought I’d put my two cents in for who I would like to win some of...